Sunday, November 28, 2010

A High Efficiency Furnace Will Save Money For You

If you have an old furnace which is oil fuelled and requires replacement you will have to decide whether to purchase a new oil furnace or to move over to natural gas. The lowest cost fuel is at present natural gas. Oil ios second, and propane and electricity are the highest cost fuels. These costs can vary however. The world prices for oil or natural gas change very rapidly depending on demand, and using natural gas for heating costs may not always the lowest cost.

Predicting where oil and gas prices will go in the future is hard to do. The best way to go is to determine which type of fuels costs least in your area and go with that selection. Natural gas still is the lowest cost in nearly all cases, and when using the latest high efficiency furnaces this is all the more true. Gas furnaces with the highest efficiency ratings convert 92% to 97% of the fuel burnt, into usable heat. This means that 92% to 97% of the gas burnt in the furnace goes directly to heat your home.

Most older furnaces have efficienciy ratings of only 50% to 70% meaning that they use a lot more fuel, than a new high efficiency furnace does, to produce the same heat.

It is quite obvious that a lot of money can be saved by purchasing a good high efficiency natural gas furnace. Obviously the furnace will pay for itself, in saved fuel costs, within a few years. After that payout all the money you save goes right into your wallet.

The colder the climate the more fuel you will have to burn and the bigger the resultant savings. A high efficiency gas furnace will consume about 50% less fuel per annum, which can put plenty of saved dollars in your pocket instead of into the gas or oil companys pocket. You will be emitting a lot less greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and helping to minimise the climate change--a big problem which affects all of us.

For more information on high efficiency furnaces check out our website at and for further information take a look at

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Medium Efficiency Or High Efficiency Gas Furnace--Which Should I Buy

So you need a new furnace and you are trying to decide on whether to get a mid efficiency model or to pay more for a high efficiency gas furnace. Is the extra cost really worthwhile and will it save you a worthwhile amount on your fuel bill?.

The answer to this is to be found in the specifications. A mid efficiency furnace converts from 80 to 82% of the fuel it burns into usable heat for your home. A high efficiency furnace converts from 90% to 97% of the gas burnt into effective heat for your house. The remaining 3% to 10% is wasted and escapes through the flue or exhaust system.

Clearly the high efficiency furnace can save a lot more on the fuel bill and this is particularly the case in colder climates, where more fuel is used. It is likely that finding new gas resources will cost more in years ahead and gas prices can be expected to rise. This makes the saving even bigger. There is no doubt that a high efficiency furnace is by far the best buy even if it does cost more to purchase.

If you would like to get more information about high efficiency furnaces and their advantages check out our website high efficiency furnaces and to read articles on this and other subjects check out Articles